TECHNICAL PROCUREMENT OFFICER
The Technical Procurement Officer oversee the purchasing of technical equipment and services for the organization. The officer must have very detailed knowledge of the equipment, materials and supplies used in all organization’s projects, and is able to identify companies that sell them. The technical procurement officer is also responsible for purchase of materials required for project needs. The Technical Procurement Officer is expected to have technical knowledge, expertise, understanding of the role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the purchasing of all company’s technical goods and services according to required specifications and standards.
- Establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases.
- Source, register and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers.
- Review requisitions of user departments to ensure they meet required specifications and quality.
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important purchasing data.
- Be apt and conversant with market trends and market prices.
- Develop procurement plans for equipment, services, and supplies.
- Interpret technical equipment parameters, understand OEM and customs regulations.
- Negotiate and achieve best pricing and purchasing deals.
- Work with the team to complete duties as needed.
Core Skill Requirements/Qualification
- Minimum of University Degree, preferably in Marine Engineering, Supply Chain Management/Logistic/Procurement equivalent
- Minimum 3years relevant experience as a Marine Procurement officer.
- Good knowledge of Equipment Specifications, Brands and Quality.
- Supplier Relationship Management.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Application Instructions (please follow carefully).
- Please Do-Not apply if you do not possess all the Key Skills and Qualification outlined above.
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and documents in a single PDF file.
- The PDF file should be named with Applicants full name and position, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must attach digital Passport photograph.
- Applicants must attach all relevant documents.
Thursday 9th May 2023 @1700hrs
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.