Join our Team!-Finance Officer
Job summary & purpose
The Finance Officer shall be responsible for overseeing day-to-day accounting functions, integrating finance operations, preparing financial reports, and ensuring Unit’s financial stability to execute projects and perform other tasks as assigned by the management in accordance with company policies.
- Participate in developing and implementing workable financial processes, management systems and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Providing financial, commercial, and strategic support to the business.
- Reviewing internal and external financial systems and providing recommendations to management.
- Manage Billing, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Identify accounting and financial issues and suggest timely solutions.
- Take responsibility for managing external and internal audit procedures, as necessary.
- Prepare regular estimates of income and expenditure, for approval by the Management.
Academic & Qualification
- A University Degree/Higher National Diploma in Accounting or Finance
Key Skills & Competencies
- Proven work experience in similar role within the maritime Industry
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures.
- Proficiency in other financial and accounting software/tools (Quickbooks, Advance Excel, Google Sheet,).
- Compulsory proficiency in financial and accounting software/tools (QuickBooks)
- Ability to design and implement suitable financial systems.
- Excellent analytical, statistical, and numerical skills.
- Knowledge of financial regulations and tax laws.
- Proven experience in finance management
Application Instructions (please follow carefully).
- Please Do-Not apply if you do not possess all the Key Skills and Qualification outlined above
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and documents in a single PDF file.
- The PDF file should be named with Applicants full name and position, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must attach digital Passport photograph
- Applicants must attach all relevant documents.
Wednesday 8th September 2021 @1700hrs
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview